Ensuring Safety and Compliance in Commercial Wiring
In recent decades, the construction industry has progressed a lot, and daily we see the construction of residential, office, commercial and sports areas in almost all regions of Canada.
It is necessary to go through various stages in a construction project and prepare a commercial building for multiple uses. One of their most important is to comply with commercial wiring safety standards while installing the building’s electrical system. As a result, you will not witness any incident or damage in the long run.
Commercial wiring safety standards
Wiring and electrical work of a commercial building is an entirely professional step in construction and requires high knowledge and expertise. You can only use almost any electrical appliance with commercial wiring. Ordinary people will not be able to do this. It would be best if you wired the commercial building in a way that provides adequate security.
KCS Group experts have a lot of experience in commercial wiring. They use high-quality tools and adhere to standards. Therefore, they provide complete safety in your building.
I will introduce you to the commercial wiring safety standard in the following. So stay with KCS.
Commercial wiring safety rules and standards you must follow
Below are the most important rules and standards you should pay attention to in commercial electricity. We know these standards almost as universal rules in this industry. If you follow them, you can ensure the security of your wiring and commercial building.
- Use experts:
You must be careful both during the implementation of the commercial electrical and wiring system and after the completion of the construction project; in case of problems, you must use expert people.
KCS Group’s professional building electricians are highly experienced in commercial wiring. They are a suitable option for implementing the building’s electrical system or fixing defects in this system.
- Examination of the work environment:
One of the essential points of commercial wiring safety is to check the work environment by the electrician. Construction electricians are forced to be in ambiguous and dangerous situations to implement the commercial electrical system and place electrical wires and cables in the right place. These complex challenges include working at heights, in underground areas, and near water and moisture.
- Use of appropriate clothing and equipment:
Another commercial wiring safety rule is for electricians to use high-quality, safety clothing and equipment. Construction electricians must wear protective clothing, non-conductive gloves, and eye protection. They always face sparks or electrocution while doing the wiring.
- Using high-quality tools:
Any technical work requires the use of special tools. Commercial wiring and the electrical system requires various tools such as wire spring, electric spring device, phase meter, and cable cutter. The standard of commercial wiring is that the electrician should use high-quality tools so that he does not face any particular problem during the implementation of the project.
- Observing the capacity of fuses
You will use fuses in different parts. For example, the capacity of the lighting fuse is additional from the socket fuse and the meter fuse.
- Location of electrical appliances
You must first determine the location of the electrical appliances in the building and do the commercial wiring based on this plan.
- Safe connection of electric wire and cable:
One of the most crucial commercial wiring safety standards is the primary connection of electrical wires and cables. For wiring, you must use a variety of electrical wires and cables. It is only possible to use these products by creating cuts, branches, and permanent and temporary connections.
- Checking the wiring of the building:
After observing all the points mentioned above and performing commercial wiring, it is time for the final examination of this wiring. Turning on and working different electrical appliances does not mean correct and principled building wiring. Be sure to test everything several times before announcing the end of work and allowing public access to the building.
- Separate fuses
Define a separate fuse for some appliances that consume more electricity, such as gas or water coolers.
Common mistakes in commercial wiring
As I said, safety should be the leading and most important goal in commercial building wiring. All the rules and international electrical wiring standards have been approved to ensure safety.
The most common mistakes that can reduce safety in building electrical wiring are:
- Using adhesive tape for permanent connections is a huge mistake. It would be best if you used special pads and glue for connecting electric wires.
- Using scratched and wounded or rusted wires can cause damages and unforeseen events.
- Repairing the protruding wires that do not have a cover. These wires are usually more common in sockets and lights and can cause unwanted connections and accidents.
- You should not bury distribution and electrical boxes and place them out of reach.
- Cables left and hanging in different areas of the building are likely to be torn and cut. It leads to unpleasant incidents.
- Wrong and inappropriate routing of cables using non-standard devices such as plastic clamps is a big mistake.
- Choosing the wrong protection keys used to protect equipment and people.
- Distribution boxes that are not covered can cause a short circuit and cause various accidents.
- The use of connection wires with a low cross-section, inappropriate connections, and sockets’ links are unprincipled.
- Overcrowding wires in the socket or electrical box causes its temperature to rise and increase the possibility of fire.
We know implementing commercial wiring is one of the most sensitive jobs because of the many dangers electric current has for us. For this reason, building electricians must know the commercial wiring safety standard and follow them well to properly implement the building’s electrical system and save themselves and the residents.
KCS Group’s experts have passed thorough training in commercial wiring, and so far, all their projects have been completed safely.
For more information, please read 5 essential points to observe the safety of commercial electricity