How to install a commercial electrical outlet
Most people think that three-phase electricity is only used in large electronic equipment. But today, with remarkable technological advances, we have more access to facilities and can even use three-phase electricity at home. Three-phase electricity is used to install and operate devices such as pumps, electric motors, and devices that require three-phase power. We use single-phase electricity for homes and office units and three-phase electricity for industrial and commercial units. But today, the use of three-phase electricity in residential houses has increased significantly.
How to install a three-phase power outlet
To install a three-phase socket, you must follow a few points. First, you must see a specialist. It is dangerous to do it alone at home unless you are familiar with plug installation and electrical work. If you need more information, contact KCS Group. Our experts have a lot of experience in installing three-phase electrical outlets. To install the socket, you must follow 3 points to complete the installation process successfully.
- Pay attention to the height of the electrical outlet of the commercial building
The most appropriate height for installing a three-phase commercial power outlet is about 30 cm. But we suggest you consider a height of 40 cm. This height is better in beauty and has a more beautiful effect. The size of electrical outlets is different in different places of the house. For example, the suitable height for installing the washing machine and kitchen fire outlet is about 60 cm.
We calculate this height from the kitchen floor. All the sockets you install in the kitchen must be exactly this size. Outlets installed for dishwashers and washing machines should be 30 cm away from the water outlet.
The height of the refrigerator outlet is 120 cm. The outlet installed for the HVAC should be about 10 cm away from the water pipe and nestled at an altitude of 140 cm from the ground.
- The installation distance of the electrical outlet from the water and gas pipes
The minimum distance between switches and commercial electrical sockets and the fuse box should be 10 cm when the gas valve is placed above them or installed next to them. If you forcibly install the gas valve under it, this distance will change to 50 cm.
Consider 5 cm for the distance between switches and electrical outlets from the gas piping. The minimum space for low-pressure electric wires and cables with concealed natural gas pipes covered with construction materials is 10 cm.
- Compliance with the installation distance of the commercial three-phase electrical outlet
In the residential spaces and rooms of the house, except for the bathroom and kitchen, put the sockets in certain places. The distance of any point from the floor should be at most 1.5 meters from the sockets on the perimeter line.
In other words, the distance between two sockets in a room should be 3 meters. You can do the measurement on the perimeter line. Refrain from considering doors and windows when measuring the installation of a three-phase commercial electrical outlet. The distance of the outlet image on the perimeter should be at most 1.5 meters from the door and window starting from the floor.
Tips to follow when installing a commercial power outlet
You must follow many directions when installing three-phase and single-phase electrical outlets. Paying attention to these tips will make the installation work better and without problems.
• You are not allowed to use electric tees anywhere in the building.
• The fuse used for electrical sockets must be 16 amps and type C.
• All sockets you use in the building must be earthed. It does not matter whether these buildings are houses or offices.
• To connect the power cords to the outlet, you must use a cable. You can also tin the wires.
• Some people install the earthed outlet only in the kitchen. But I’m afraid that’s not right, and all outlets in the building must be earthed.
• If you use the electrical box of the galvanized switches behind the outlet, you must connect the can to the earth wire.
• If you have considered a special place for the location of the TV, you should place three power sockets together.
• The nominal current of three-phase and single-phase sockets should be around 16 amps.
Five steps of installing a three-phase commercial electrical outlet
The wiring of the three-phase outlet has five basic steps, which are as follows:
- Installing a three-phase electricity meter
First, you need to connect the three-phase electricity meter and ensure three-phase electricity is in the building. Before connecting, you must create a three-phase electricity branch from the street to the building. It should be done by order of the electricity department.
- Connecting the automatic switch to the three-phase meter for the wiring of the three-phase commercial electricity outlet
As the main switch from the three-phase electricity meter to the three-phase input, you must use an automatic switch or a compact switch. As a result, you must connect this key to the three-phase electricity meter.
- Connecting the phases of the automatic switch to the bipolar switch
In the third step, connect the three-phase output of the compact switch, or in other words, the same automatic control, to the bipolar switch and the miniature single-pole switch.
- Connecting the neutral wires to the safety switch
You must connect the neutral wires to the safety switch at this step.
- Connecting the bipolar switch to phase and neutral
In the last step, you must connect the base of the bipolar switch to the phase and neutral wire. Here it would be best if you combined the output phase wire with the last sub-circuit. Do the same process for the neutral wire. As in the previous step, you should join the three-phase electrical device to the earth terminal connected to the ground. The circuit of the electrical outlet and the three-phase outlet wiring diagram is not complicated. It would be best if you had a phase and neutral wire to energize the outlet. You don’t need to get an output for wiring a socket, like wiring a single-pole or double-pole switch.
What are the rules for installing electrical outlets in the building?
Following the directions for installing electrical and commercial three-phase electrical outlets is essential. These tips are as follows:
• You must have enough knowledge and skills to install a three-phase commercial power outlet. If you make a mistake, you risk electric shock or fire. It is better to contact the reliable company KCS Group to install a commercial electrical outlet and entrust the wiring and installation of your retail electrical outlet to its experienced professionals.
• Before installing the electrical outlet, you should be informed of the power cut of the entire building. Blow down the fuse or at least cut the fuse in the area where you want to install the outlet.
• Before installing the outlet, determine their exact location on the electrical wiring map of the building. So, you prevent the unauthorized installation of sockets in prohibited places.
• Secure the phase, neutral and earth wires well under the socket screw. Otherwise, the possibility of the plug being disconnected will increase.
• After turning off the power, you should check the wires with a phase meter to ensure there is no current in the cables.
Concealed switches and outlets installation
As the name suggests, concealed wiring is wires passed under the walls to transmit electricity and are not visible. Our primary purpose of the concealed wiring, in addition to being effective in the appearance of the building, is more protection and safety of the wiring, especially in areas where electrical wires are exposed to moisture, shock, heat, heat, etc.
Concealed wiring is implemented in three different ways:
- Wiring using a distribution box
In the past, the distribution box was one of the standard methods for electrical wiring. This method is not common, and we even consider it illegal.
- Wiring and installation of concealed power outlet using switch box and socket
These boxes are empty containers installed inside the wall where all the wires and other equipment related to the switch and electrical outlet are placed in an orderly.
- Installing a concealed commercial electrical outlet using a fuse box
One of the most common methods for installing a concealed retail electrical outlet is using various fuse boxes, especially in apartments and buildings with several units. In this method, all the wires end up in the fuse box.